Easy Salmon Cakes
It’s likely you’ve got all you need for these salmon cakes in your pantry right now! No parsley? No problem: dill, chives, or green onion would work! Throw on a bun for a delicious fish sandwich, or enjoy as is with a green salad.
- 2 150g cans of salmon (or tuna)
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup parsley (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Drain all of the liquid from the salmon.
- Combine the salmon, red onion, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, and salt and pepper in a large bowl, and using your hands, mix well. Don’t knead it, as you don’t want the finished cakes to be too dense.
- Form the mixture into patties – 4 large ones, or 6 small, and set aside in a single layer on a plate.
- Melt butter and oil in a pan, over medium heat.
- Brown the patties on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side).
You can form the patties ahead of time, cover them and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to pan fry them – up to 2 days without sacrificing flavour!