In our meat department, you’ll find an awesome selection of ethically-sourced meat, poultry, and fish. We work with some wonderful local farmers to bring you naturally-raised, hormone- and antibiotic-free meat, that’s also organic whenever possible.
You can taste the difference with organic and naturally raised meat, poultry, and sustainable fish. We do our best to get our products from local farms and fisheries so that we can ensure freshness, humane animal care, and consideration towards the environment.
What that means is:
- Most of our meat comes from local farms;
- When a meat product cannot be sourced locally, we ensure that it is sourced ethically from as close by as possible;
- We carry meat that is organic or naturally-raised;
- We carry meat that is antibiotic and hormone free;
- We carry meat that is preservative free (except as prohibited by law with some nitrates/nitrites);
- We carry meat that is humanely raised;
- And we are Oceanwise* certified, and sell sustainable fish whenever possible.
* Ocean Wise is a program run by the Vancouver Aquarium that seeks to change the way our seas and lakes are fished, making sure ecosystems and species are protected long term. http://www.oceanwise.ca/