This is the traditional – and delicious – way to consume Acai, the original super-fruit! But don’t feel hampered by this at all; you can swap out any of the ingredients and vary the recipe to your heart’s content.
- 1 pack frozen acai (either sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 big handful berries
- 1 big handful different berries (we like using blueberries and strawberries)
- 1 small handful oatmeal
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2-3 tbsps hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- Take the frozen acai out of the freezer, and set it aside while you do the rest of the prep, so it has the chance to thaw out a little tiny bit.
- Wash the berries, and set aside half of each kind. If you are using strawberries or other large berries, cut the set-aside half into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the coconut milk, the frozen banana, and the hemp seeds in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add to the blender the slightly-thawed acai, and half of the berries, and blend it until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Serve immediately, topped with the remaining berries, oatmeal, and coconut flakes.