Nuts For Cheese Vegan Chipotle Cheddar Quiche
Rich and oh so creamy, this vegan chipotle cheddar quiche is always a welcome treat. Enjoy it for breakfast or serve it with a side salad and a tall glass of something light.
- food processor
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sunflower oil or grapeseed or vegetable oil
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ 120 g package of Nuts for Cheese Cultured Cashew Chipotle Cheddar
- ¼ cup Nuts for Butter Cultured Cadhew Spread, melted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 2 16 oz packages of extra-firm tofu
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅔ cup shredded vegan cheese
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl until well combined. Pour in oil and boiling water, and mix well until it can be manipulated into a ball. Add more water if needed.
- On a piece of parchment paper, smooth out the ball of dough. Cover it up with the second piece of parchment paper, and using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat.
- Remove the top sheet. Using the bottom piece of parchment, flip the crust into a pie dish and peel off parchment paper.
- Using your fingers, delicately pinch around the edges to stick the crust to the pie dish.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dice the onion. In a skillet, add olive oil and sauté diced onions over medium heat until fragrant and translucent.
- Add in diced cremini mushrooms. Sprinkle in salt and continue to sauté until mushrooms start to release their juices.
- Add in two handfuls of spinach and stir for a few moments until the spinach begins to wilt. Kill the heat.
- Break up extra firm tofu into smaller pieces, and add to a food processor. Add in nutritional yeast, melted cashew butter, salt, and pepper, and blend until the mixture is crumbly.
- Slowly mix in plant-based milk, adding only 1 tbsp at a time. Blend until the mixture turns into a very thick paste. Add more milk if needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine tofu mixture with the sautéed vegetables, and Nuts For Cheese's chipotle cheddar cashew cheese. Mix well.
- Add the mixture into the already-formed pie crust, and smooth evenly into the dish. Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour, or until top looks nicely golden.
- Brush the quiche with melted cashew butter, and allow 10 minutes to cool and firm. Enjoy!