Field Roast Chorizo-Style Breakfast Quesadillas
Start your day off with a little spice. Field Roast's delicious chorizo-style breakfast quesadillas are perfect for breakfast or any time of day you want to enjoy bold, exciting flavours.
- 1 Field Roast Mexican Chipotle Sausage
- 2 Tomato Cayenne Chao Slices or vegan cheese slices of your choice
- 1 cup firm tofu, crumbled
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 flour tortilla
- 2 tbsp fresh salsa
- 1 sprig cilantro for garnish
- Sauté the onion in oil until translucent, add spices and garlic and cook until just fragrant.
- Add sausage to the mix and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add crumbled tofu and stir until incorporated into sausage/onion mixture.
- Prepare quesadilla by evenly spreading your sliced vegan cheese over the tortilla. Place the tortilla on a sheet pan beneath a broiler until the cheese melts.
- Place sautéed sausage/tofu mixture on half of the tortilla and fold in half, and then garnish with fresh cilantro. Allow a few minutes to cool, and enjoy with fresh salsa or your favourite vegan sour cream!