Nuts For Cheese Brown Butter and Sea Salt Rice Crispy Squares
It doesn't get much better than Nuts for Cheese's salted original cultured cashew butter, melted, browned and combined with marshmallows and crisp rice cereal. Breakfast? Lunch? Snack? Yes to all of it!
- ¾ cup softened Nuts For Cheese Salted Butter
- 2 oz bag of Dandies vegan marshmellows
- 5 cups crispy rice or rice crispies
- Brown the butter in a large pot over medium heat. To do so, make sure to add your butter when the pan is warm (not hot), and whisk it until it gets brown. Be very careful to not overcook or burn the butter.
- Once you have brown butter, turn down the temperature to low and add in your marshmallows.
- Continually stir the marshmallows for 7-10 minutes until they get soft. Once the marshmallows have cooked into the butter, add the rice crispy cereal 1 cup at a time.
- Fold in the rice until combined and slowly add the cups until you get to 4 or 5 cups. If you prefer chewier rice crispy squares, you may only want to add 4 cups. If you prefer them crispier, add 5 cups instead.
- Evenly spread the mixture out on a flat surface and allow time to cool.
- Cut into neat squares once cooled, and enjoy!