Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Shiitake-Miso Gravy are our definition of “power couple”. Delicious and dynamic as separate dinner elements, but truly dazzling in a duet of flavours and textures.
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/4 cup chives for topping
- Cut potatoes in quarters. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp of sea salt, cover & cook for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. They should effortlessly slide off a knife when pierced with a knife.
- Wrap unpeeled garlic cloves in tinfoil and roast in 375° oven while potatoes cook.
- Once cooked, drain potatoes and place them back in the hot pot off the heat for 1 minute to evaporate any additional water. Remove peel and transfer potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Mash until fluffy, being careful not to overmash. Don’t be shy about using a ricer for this task, if you have one.
- Unwrap the roasted garlic cloves and squeeze the garlic from its skin. Mash roasted garlic cloves with a fork. Add in vegan butter, mashed roasted garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Top with a generous sprinkle of chives and serve with warm Shiitake-Miso Gravy.