- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cauliflower (cut into small pieces)
- 1 jar passata (or strained tomatoes)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ½ cup water
- 1 bunch flat parsley (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Jensen 5-year Old Cheddar (grated)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and onions over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until soft.
- Add cauliflower, passata, chickpeas, water and parsley. Season well with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Let it cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir, and let rest for 10-15 minutes. It will thicken while resting. Sprinkle with Jensen 5 year old cheddar cheese and serve.