Delicious Flat Iron Steaks
- 4 6oz flatiron steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1¼ tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Lay the steaks out and let them come to room temperature (30m should be sufficient).
- Preheat your grill to high heat and lightly oil the grill.
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Combine everything but the steaks together and whisk until well mixed. Rub one side of each steak with the mixture.
- Lay the steaks on the grill with the seasoned side up and grill for about 2 minutes. Flip, and sear the seasoned side for another 2m.
- Transfer the steaks to your preheated oven, with the seasoned side up. Bake to your preferred doneness (8-10m for medium-well).
- Rest the steaks for 3-4m before serving.