Sweet Roasted Lemon Slices
We used to think that roasting citrus was just a prelude to using them in another recipe, but then our friend told us that her young sons love munching on these roasted lemon slices! This recipe is super simple, and can be replicated with any citrus; the roasting caramelizes the sugar and so the fruit gets even sweeter and warm and amazing...
- 1-2 whole lemon (or more, to your needs)
- Preheat your oven to 230°C (450° F).
- Wash the lemons (and/or other citrus) very carefully, and dry thoroughly.
- Slice the citrus into 1/8" thick rounds, and remove any seeds.
- If you bake with parchment paper or silicon mats, prepare a baking sheet in your usual manner. If not pour a bit of olive oil into the bottom of a baking sheet and spread it around until there is a thin layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Place the slices in a single layer in the baking sheet, and pop it in the oven!
- Keep an eye on the slices - they should start to seep and caramelize after about 10-15 minutes. You want to get some of that good good browning action - that's the natural sugar turning amazing - but you don't want too much burning.
- Pull them out of the oven when they're nicely browned and somewhat wilted, and allow to cool before eating!