DIY Citrus Infused Household Cleaner
This recipe for homemade all purpose citrus cleaner not only smells great but is non-toxic and cost effective to boot!
- 1-2 quarts white vinegar
- 3 cups combination of orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit, or pomelo fruit peels
- 3-4 drops 100% pure orange, lemon or grapefruit essential oils (optional)
- 1-2 quart glass jars with lids
- 1 spray bottle
- Combine vinegar and citrus fruit peels in glass mason jars.
- Cover with lids and shake.
- Leave undisturbed for 1-3 weeks. The solution will become stronger the longer you leave it.
- Strain solution and transfer to a spray bottle. Add 3-4 drops of essential oil if you'd like a stronger cleaner.
- Use as a cleaner around the house - on the kitchen counter, sinks, bathtub, shower, floors, etc!
You can dilute the solution 1:1 with water if you find the vinegar-citrus mixture too strong. We recommend putting the date on the jars in case you forget the day you make the solution.