How to Roast a Perfect Turkey
- 1 turkey
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 onions (sliced)
For the Brine
- filtered water
- ⅔ cup sea salt
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- ½ bunch sage
- ½ bunch thyme
- 1 lemon
- Place your turkey in a large pot, bin, or cooler (anything big enough to fit the turkey).
- Add enough water to cover, and mix in the salt, sugar, sage and thyme.
- Cut the lemon in half, gently squeeze, and add the to the container.
- Close the lid and store in the fridge for 2-12 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Remove your turkey from the brine, rinse and pat dry.
- Pick your favourite stuffing recipe and gently fill the cavity of your turkey (do not pack). Fasten the cavity shut using a metal or thick bamboo skewer. Cross the legs, and tie them together with baking twine.
- Line the bottom of a large roasting pan with 2-3 celery stalks and 2 sliced onions, and place the turkey on top of the veggies breast side down.
- Keep your turkey uncovered and pop it in the oven, reducing heat to 325°F after 15 minutes. The turkey should cook for 12-15 minutes per pound.
- Using tongs or 2 forks in either end of the turkey, flip the bird over to brown the skin for the last 15-20 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!