Roasted Maple Delicata Squash
This delicious, thin-skinned winter squash has a few cool nicknames, namely Bohemian Squash, Sweet Potato Squash, and Peanut Squash. Whatever you call it, it tastes delicious in this recipe!
- 2 delicata squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil or melted butter plus a little extra for greasing the baking sheet
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and coat a baking sheet lightly with olive oil or butter.
- Cut the squashes in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Cut into half-inch slices.
- Combine the olive oil (or melted butter) with the maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon; whisk until well combined.
- Toss the squash slices in the maple syrup mixture and place onto the baking sheet. Season with a bit of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, then flip. Continue to bake for another 8-10 minutes, then flip the squash again. Continue baking for a few more minutes until the squash is fork tender. Finish under the broiler for 45-90 seconds or until the skin becomes a bit crispy. Watch carefully to ensure the squash doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!