Nuts To You Almond Butter Sweet Potato Muffins
Incredibly fluffy, moist, and perfectly spiced, this recipe is sure to become an instant breakfast or snack time favourite. Enjoy these golden-brown muffins fresh out of the oven, or freeze them to save for later.
- muffin tray
- cooling rack
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sweet potato puree
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Nuts to You almond hazelnut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 F and line your muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, the sweet potato puree, the brown sugar, the avocado oil, and the vanilla extract. Then, add the almond milk and stir together until the mix is smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a sifter and sift the dry ingredients over the mix of wet ingredients. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tray until filled almost to the top. Then spoon about 1 tsp of almond butter onto the centre of each muffin and gently swirl it around.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until the muffins are golden brown or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove the tray from the oven and let it rest on the tray for 5 minutes.
- Cool the muffins on a cooling rack before storing them in an air-tight container. Lasts 2 to 3 weeks when frozen.