Nuts to You Sesame Banana Bread
Mellow flavours of tahini, banana and a hint of cardamom make for a satisfying breakfast or snack on the go.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Nuts to You Tahini
- ⅓ cup white sugar, plus ½ tsp to sprinkle on top
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp black sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Line an 8½" by 4½" loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and cardamom.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth and uniform. Add oil, sesame oil, eggs, Tahini, both white and brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk together until well combined and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold to combine until all of the flour is nicely absorbed.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and flatten with a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Mix sesame seeds together with ½ tsp sugar. Sprinkle atop the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve, or store at room temperature for up to two days. Enjoy!