Stahlbush Blueberry Cobbler
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp tapioca
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 3 1/2 bags (6 cups) Stahlbush Island Farms frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the blueberries and mix gently until evenly coated; add lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Transfer the berry mixture to an 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake until the filling is hot and bubbling about 25-35 minutes.
- Whisk flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, butter, and vanilla together.
- About a minute before the berries comes out of the oven, add wet ingredients to dry and mix till combined.
- Remove the blueberries from the oven; increase heat to 425 degrees F.
- Divide the dough into 9 equal pieces and place on top of the filling, spacing them at least 1/2 inch apart.
- Sprinkle each mound of dough evenly with a little sugar.
- Bake until the filling is bubbling and the biscuits are golden brown on top and cooked about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool slightly; serve warm.