Sardine and Dill Fish Cakes
- 2 medium yellow potatoes, chopped
- 2 cans Raincoast Trading sardines, drained and chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/3 bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 cup panko, plus more for coating fish cakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- olive oil for frying
- Coarsely chop and boil potatoes until tender. Drain and mash.
- To the potato mash, add sardines, green onions, dill, flour, garlic, lemon peel and 1 cup of panko.
- Add oil to skillet and saute the fish cakes until their golden brown and crispy.