Rainforest Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks, 1" pieces
- 5-6 whole peppercorns
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 large onion quartered
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes canned or 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Arvinda's Curry Masala, or curry powder
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk (400 mL)
- 1/4 cup Nuts To You Rainforest Nut Butter with Coconut
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped to garnish
- In a food processor, purée onion, tomatoes, curry masala, and salt into a fine paste.
- In a large pot, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add cinnamon sticks and pepper corns. Gently sauté for 1 minute. Add bay leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and tomato purée. Stir until reduced to a thick paste. This will take 10-15 minutes. Take care not to burn.
- Add chicken, coat well with paste. Sear chicken in pot until it is cooked through.
- Stir in coconut milk. Reduce heat and gently simmer for 10 minutes. If sauce gets too thick, add water to thin.
- Gently fold in Nuts to You Rainforest Nut Butter with Coconut. Simmer for a couple more minutes. Garnish with cilantro.