Breakfast Energy Balls
We love this grab-and-go recipe because it's easy to prepare, nutrient-dense, and kid friendly! Make this recipe ahead of time and enjoy throughout the week for either breakfast or as an after school snack.
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews or walnuts
- 1/4 cup cranberries or your favourite dried fruit
- 1/4 cup Nuts To You nut butter
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate pieces or carob chips
- 1 cup granola
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- Place all of the ingredients except for the nut butter and the granola into the food processor and process for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the nut butter, granola, and coconut oil. Make sure ingredients are well combined and place bowl in the fridge for 3 hours in order for the dry ingredients to soak up the nut butter and coconut oil. This will ensure the balls stick together nicely.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture per ball and chill in the fridge to set.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy!