Rainbow Veggie Skewers
One of our dear friends crafted this simple, yummy Rainbow Veggie Skewer recipe to commemorate pride - but it's delicious anytime!
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 orange pepper
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak wooden skewers in water about 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Wash, trim, and cut the veggies down to bite-size.
- Marinate them in olive oil with all of the herbs and spices.
- Heat your barbeque to medium heat, and lightly oil the grill.
- Remove the veggies from the marinade, and skewer them.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until they've got yummy char marks on both sides. Enjoy!
Note: if you don't want to bother with skewers, a grill basket works just as well.