Pasta Tavola Fresh Vegetable Sauce
This seasonal light pasta sauce comes to us from our friends at Pasta Tavola, and pairs perfectly with any of their handmade fresh Raviolis.
- 2 cups spring vegetables (asparagus, fiddleheads, artichoke hearts)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped and ripe)
- 1 handful fresh herbs (or 1 tsp each of several dried herbs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried chillies (optional)
- Combine vegetables (excluding tomatoes) and garlic and oil. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sauté mixture on medium heat until softened.
- Add tomatoes and cook until sauce thickens and bubbles in the centre of the pan. Add fresh or dried herbs, then salt, pepper and chillies to taste.
- Serve over hot, just-cooked Pasta Tavola Ravioli. Top with fresh grated Parmesan if desired.