Madras Grass Fed Beef Curry
- 1 lb grass fed beef (cubed in 1" cubes)
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 dried chiles (minced)
- 2 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz tomato paste
- 1¼ cups beef stock
- ¼ cup ghee
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and salt over the meat. Mix the onion, garlic and chili together well.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and fry the onion mixture for two minutes. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger and pepper, stir well and cook another two or three minutes.
- Add the grass fed beef and lemon juice; stir well to coat the meat with the spices. Cook five to ten minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and beef stock, bring to a boil then cover and simmer gently thirty to forty minutes until the meat begins to get tender.
- Sprinkle in the Garam Masala and cook for a further ten minutes. The gravy should by this stage be very thick; if it is not remove the lid from the pan and increase the heat to boil off excess moisture until the gravy thickens.