San-J Air Fryer Sweet Sesame Chicken
Update your arsenal of easy weekday meals with this sesame fryer chicken. Sweet, savoury, and oh so delicious, it's sure to become one of your quick-to-prepare staples!
- Air Fryer
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup cornstarch + 2 tsps seperated
- olive oil
- 2 tsp water
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup San-J Sweet Tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place beated eggs, and ½ cup cornstarch in 2 separate medium bowls. Dip chicken into egg, then into cornstarch, shaking off any excess.
- Working in batches, place chicken in an even layer into air-fryer, and coat with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook, flipping chicken halfway through until golden-brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 15-18 minutes. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix remaining cornstarch and water together in small bowl until combined.
- Bring to a boil ketchup, San-J Sweet Tamari, vinegar, sesame oil and garlic in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and cook, over medium-low heat until thickened and flavors develop, about 3-4 minutes.
- Toss chicken, sauce and sesame seeds in large bowl until evenly coated. Garnish with green onions. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Recipe developed by San-J.