Stalhbush Sweet Corn Griddle Cakes
Brighten up your mornings with these sweet corn griddle cakes. Made from a handful of pantry staples, it's a quick and easy way to get breakfast on the table!
- griddle OR pan
- 8 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 14.75 oz Cream-style corn
- 1 cup Sour cream
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 10 oz bag Stahlbush Island Farms Super Sweet Corn, thawed
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter and cream corn. Add the sour cream, sugar, and eggs to the bowl and stir to combine. Fold in the cornmeal, flour, and baking powder until no lumps of flour are visible. Add the Stahlbush Island Farms Corn and stir together until evenly distributed.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop portions of the mixture onto the hot griddle, like you would pancakes. Cook until lightly browned, about 1.5 minutes on each side. Serve with butter and honey on top.
- If you want more uniform cakes, use a 3 inch pastry cutter, and when the edges set, remove the cuter and let the cake cook until almost set, then flip. Once you get in a rhythm this process moves quickly.
Recipe developed by Stahlbush Island Farms and Kendell Stiles