Farmer's Market Thai Basil Pumpkin Soup
A hearty, quick and gluten-free pumpkin soup that can easily be modified for a vegan version!
- 2 cans Farmer's Market Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2½ cups chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or vegan fish sauce substitute
- 2 tbsp Thai basil minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onions in 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil until soft.
- Add the Thai curry paste and garlic and continue to cook over low heat for 1-2minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree, chicken stock, and coconut milk, bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat soup and add the Thai basil and fresh cilantro just before serving to taste.