Chosen Foods Homemade Flour Tortillas
Fill ‘em. Wrap ‘em. Layer ‘em. Dip ‘em in queso. Flour tortillas can be whatever you need them to be. This recipe from Chosen Foods is classic, easy, and, most importantly, super tasty!
- Rolling Pin
- ¼ cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1½ cups hot water
- In a medium-large bowl, add flour and shape it like a volcano. Set aside while you measure the rest of the ingredients.
- Dissolve the salt in the hot water. Water should be hot, but not boiling. Add the avocado oil to the center of the flour volcano and start mixing it with your fingers or a pair of chopsticks.
- Next, begin to incorporate the hot water while continuing to mix until you have poured all the water into the bowl and the dough is cohesive. Mix until all liquids are absorbed.
- If the dough is too sticky, add a teaspoon of flour at a time until the texture of the dough is soft and feels like playdough.
- Transfer the ball of dough onto a clean workspace and knead it for about 5-8 minutes, or until smooth and not lumpy.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Divide the dough into 10-12 equal balls, covering the finished ones with a towel while you roll the rest out.
- Roll out one disc into an 8-10” circle, making sure the edge has the same thickness all the way around.
- Cook each tortilla for 30-40 seconds in the pan, then flip it over and cook for 30 seconds. Flip it again (back to the first side) until little golden-brown bubbles appear. Transfer the tortillas to a warmer or warm towel.