Iron Vegan Savoury Herb Pancakes
Shake up your breakfast routine and start the day with a nice serving of veggies. These savoury pancakes are an instant winner!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 scoop Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein (unflavoured)
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup parsley
- ¼ cup basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup sliced white onion
- 1 cup chopped oyster mushrooms
- ½ potato, diced
- ½ clove garlic
- ½ tsp smoked sweet paprika
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients for the pancake mix into a blender, and blend until smooth. Let the mixture rest for one hour to overnight.
- To make the filling, sauté the onion and garlic in a pan, and then add the oyster mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Finally, add the smoked paprika and the diced potato and cook until tender. Set aside covered to keep it warm.
- Heat olive oil on a non-stick pan. Add a thin layer of the pancake mixture (about ¼ cup) and quickly swirl it around the pan. Make sure it's evenly distributed. Cook just until the edges start to pull away from the bottom of the pan, and bubbles start appearing.
- Very carefully flip the pancake and cook it for 10-15 more seconds on the other side.
- Remove pancakes from heat and allow them to rest on a plate. To keep the pancakes warm, cover cooked pancakes with a metal mixing bowl.
- Fill each pancake with the mixture. You can also add avocado, fresh spinach and tomato.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!