Rainforest Nut Coconut Curry
Nuts To You Rainforest Nut Butter with Coconut, made from Brazil nuts, cashews, and whole coconut, makes this Indian-inspired curry taste nutty, rich and delicious!
- 1½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed (OR 375g paneer, cubed + 1 cup frozen peas)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks (1 inch piece)
- 5-6 whole black peppercorns
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 onion
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes (OR 2 medium ripe tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp Arvinda's Curry Masala (OR curry powder)
- ½-1 tsp salt (use 1 tsp for chicken, 1/2 tsp for paneer, to taste)
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml)
- ¼ cup Nuts To You Rainforest Nut Butter with Coconut
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped (to garnish)
- In a food processor, purée the onion, tomatoes, curry masala, and salt into a fine paste.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium-high heat, and once heated, add in the cinnamon sticks and peppercorns. Gently sauté for one minute until fragrant, and then add in the bay leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add in the onion-tomato purée, stirring until it has reduced into a to a thick paste (about 10-15 minutes). Pay close attention while reducing to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Add in the chicken and coat it well with the paste. Once coated, sear the chicken in the pot until it is thoroughly cooked through. (If you're using paneer, do not add it at this stage; simply skip to next step.)
- Stir in the coconut milk, reduce the heat and gently simmer for 10 minutes. If the sauce gets too thick, add some water to thin it out. (If you're using paneer, add in the peas at this step. Let it cook for a couple minutes and then add the paneer and coat with curry sauce.)
- Gently fold the Nuts To You Rainforest Nut Butter with Coconut into the dish.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Modify this recipe using boneless lamb, paneer or tofu. Choose any Nuts To You nut or seed butter and it will be equally delicious. Serve with rice.