Vegan Cashew Cheese Sauce
This time-saving version of the popular sauce uses Organic Cashew Butter, so there's no need to soak cashews. It's great for steamed or roasted vegetables, nachos, potato dishes, tacos, and vegan mac & cheese!
- 1 cup white potatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Nuts To You Organic Cashew Butter
- 6 pickled jalapenos optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika optional
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into cubes.
- In a medium saucepan, steam or boil the potatoes and carrots until tender.
- Starting with the liquid ingredients, combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy - about two minutes.
- Heat gently in a pot prior to serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week, but good luck keeping it around for that long - this stuff is so delicious, it rarely lasts that long!