Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts
A more decadent (and adorable) twist on the classic pumpkin pie, these tarts are sure to please every age! Great for your next potluck, weekend baking project, or lunchbox treat.
For the crust
- 3/4 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 12 cookies)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
For pumpkin puree from scratch
- 1 pie pumpkin
- pinch of kosher salt
For the filling
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (about 250 g)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
For the pumpkin puree:
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place the squash halves face-down (ie, skin-side up) on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper, and bake them in the oven for 1 to 1.5 hours, or when you can easily pierce the skin with a fork.
- Scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside.
For the crust:
- Combine cookie crumbs with sugar and butter.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and press into bottom of 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 325 F for 10 minutes and set aside.
For the filling:
- Whisk the egg until smooth.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin spice.
- Add pumpkin puree and egg and mix until creamy and smooth.
All together now:
- Fill each muffin cup and bake for 15 minutes or until tops of tarts are set.
- Let cool for 1 hour and garnish with whipped cream before serving. Enjoy!