Acorn Squash & Quinoa Harvest Bowls
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 apples (peeled, diced into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3-4 fresh sage leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Brush interior of squash with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place squash halves skin-side up on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 1.5 - 2 hours. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- While the squash is cooling, prepare the stuffing. Combine the quinoa and stock in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Season the onion with salt and pepper and sautee over medium heat until fragrant and soft. Add apples and sage leaves and cook for 10 minutes until apples are soft.
- Add cranberries and continue stirring mixture for 10 minutes. Add quinoa and pumpkin seeds, mix well, and remove from heat.
- Generously fill each squash boat with stuffing and return to oven for 5-10 minutes before serving.