Even when it’s too hot to think about turning on the oven, we still want to help you keep cool and well-fed. Try one of our no-heat recipes, all of which are tried-and-true and come directly from members of The Yam Fam!
These are all no-heat, no stress recipe. If you don’t have the right quantities, work with what you’ve got. If you don’t have all the ingredients, go substitution wild. When it’s too hot to cook, it’s WAY too hot to stress!
Amanda is a whiz in the Apothecary, and she’s ALSO a whiz of no-heat cooking! Her family throws legendary summer garden parties, and they have a whole catalogue of great no-heat summer recipes.
Amanda says: “This is one of our go-to summer dishes. For the best results, let it sit in the fridge overnight so the flavours can really mix and develop.”
Red Cabbage Slaw
- 4 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 carrots
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh tarragon chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- black pepper
- Dice the cabbage and shred the carrots.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, and toss well.
- For optimal results, cover and let sit in the fridge overnight. For speediest results, eat it right out of the mixing bowl (maybe while sitting in front of a fan).