a2 Milk™ Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Bites
Everything you already love about mac and cheese, but bite-sized and made with ingredients you can get behind. These delicious, cheesy cauliflower bites from a2 Milk™ are great as appetizers, snacks, or the main course!
- 1 cup a2 Milk™
- 2 cups whole grain pasta, dry
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp tumeric
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- ½ cup Pecorino Romao cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in the same pot, and sauté onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add in flour and stir to completely coat the onion. Stir in spices and cook, stirring constantly, until spices are fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Pour in about ¼ cup a2 Milk™. Stir well, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pot, until thick. Add a little more milk, stir into sauce, and repeat two more times until you have a thick sauce.
- Add in the pasta and cauliflower and stir to completely combine. Add in all but 2 tablespoons of cheese and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the egg into a small bowl. Add a spoonful of the hot cauliflower-cheese mixture and stir. Add another spoonful of mixture and stir. Pour into the pot and stir to completely combine.
- Transfer to muffin tins or liners. Sprinkle with remaining two tablespoons of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Recipe developed by a2 Milk™