Chunky Strawberry Balsamic Freezer Jam
Capture the sweet summer aroma of peak-season strawberries with this no-cook method using simple ingredients. Enjoy it on waffles, cakes, or all on its own!
- cooking spoon or spatula
- muddler or potato masher
- 3 standard (approx. 500 mL) canning jars and lids, or equivalent
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tsp pectin
- ¾ cup water
- Mash the strawberries with a muddler or potato masher. Combine with honey, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar, and stir until evenly distributed.
- On the stove, bring water to a boil and stir in pectin until dissolved. Pour it over the berry mixture and stir well until it's even.
- Pour the mixture into jars, leaving about ½ inch at the top. Let them cool for a few hours and store in the fridge or freezer. The jars of jam can be stored for up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for up to a year. Enjoy!