Pan-roasted Asparagus with Basil and Lemon
Asparagus likes to be cooked quickly over high heat for that distinct tender-crisp snap! A squeeze of lemon and a handful of basil is all you need to bring out its natural sweetness.
- frying pan
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- a few sprigs parsley, chopped
- course salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and a big pinch of salt, and stir until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add asparagus and sprinkle with black pepper, turning them with a spatula for about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and basil and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove. Sprinkle asparagus with coarse salt and garnish with chopped basil and parsley, and enjoy!