Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts Energy Bites
Healthy, all natural, and raw, these protein bites are just what you need to keep going on hikes, after school to keep hangries at bay, or as part of powerful breakfast! Our fave brand to use is Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp hearts
- 6 dates pitted and chopped
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to your food procesor and pulse until it comes together. If it seems too dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time. If it seems too wet, add a pinch or two of oats.
- Roll between your hands into bite-sized balls (around 1-inch diameter). If the dough is too sticky to work with, pop it into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Optional: roll each power bite in a little somethin'-somethin' to really elevate them. Think hemp seeds, coconut, cocoa, cinnamon and sugar. If using a fine powder like cinnamon or cocoa, be sure to gently drop the balls on a hard surface a couple of times after a dip to shake off excess powder.
- These will keep for a week in the fridge. Or make big batches and freeze them for up to a couple of months! Yum!