Coconut Milk Yogurt
Easy to make, delicious, and brimming with healthy fats and gut-strengthening probiotics, this yogurt makes for great parfaits or smoothies, and is cool and refreshing all on its own!
- 2 400mL cans of coconut milk (full fat)
- 4 Genuine Health Advanced Gut Health Probiotic 15 Billion CFU
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the cans of coconut milk into the refrigerator and leave them there overnight (this causes the coconut cream to separate from the coconut water).
- Open the chilled cans, and scoop the cream into a bowl. Mix in the probiotics (you can wait until the cream has warmed to room temperature to make the mixing go easier).
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and store it for at least 12 hours in a warm environment. The inside of your oven is pretty ideal for this purpose, as long as you don't forget and turn it on!
- Mix the yogurt with a spoon. Note the smell and consistency - it should be creamy and smell like yogurt; if it's weird colour or smell, please discard it and try again. If you're adding vanilla or maple syrup, this is the time to mix it in!
- If the yogurt isn't being consumed immediately, transfer it to a clean jar. It can be refrigerated for up to 7-10 days.
Recipe amended from joyoushealth.com