This melt-in-your-mouth holiday classic is irresistible with creamy hazelnut butter mixed right into the dough.
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Nuts To You Nut Butter (Hazelnut or Almond Hazelnut)
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla flavour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- Crofter's Premium Raspberry Spread for filling
- Preheat oven to about 325°F.
- Cream Butter.
- Add sugar and egg yolks to butter gradually, continuing to cream. Mix in Nuts to You Butter and vanilla flavour.
- In a separate bowl mix baking powder into all-purpose flour. Add to the creamy mixture.
- With your hands, knead into a smooth dough.
- Shape dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make sure there is enough space between the dough balls. With the end of a wooden cooking spoon, poke a hole into the centre of each ball and fill with Crofter’s Raspberry Spread. Using a reusable piping bag is recommended.
- Bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Put on a metal rack to cool off before storing them in a cookie tin.