Hemp + Roasted Beet Dip with Tahini
This delicious dip recipe comes to us from our friends at Planet Hemp Superfood. Not just pretty in pink, this dip is majorly good for your heart. Beets are packed with anti-inflammatory phytochemicals that help lower blood pressure, while creamy hemp seeds offer plenty of iron for building red blood cells and omega-3s to help lower cholesterol. This is healthy party food at it’s finest.
- 1 lb beets or about 3 cups chopped pre-cooked beets
- 2 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup Planet Hemp Superfood hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 3/4 tsp salt
- If roasting beets, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius).
- Wash, peel and cut beets into ½ inch chunks. In a medium bowl, toss beets with extra virgin olive oil and garlic cloves. Turn onto a parchment lined sheet, cover with tin foil and roast for 20 minutes, until beets are fork tender. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Carefully squeeze garlic out of its skin.
- In a high speed blender, add the beets, garlic, hemp seed, water, tahini, lemon juice, balsamic reduction, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with Super Seed blend.
Original recipe by Planet Hemp Superfood can be found here.