Veggie Packed Mac and Cheese
We love this recipe for Mac and Cheese because it's kid friendly, and full of veggies your little ones won't know are there. It's perfect for weeknights and the leftovers are great for school lunches.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Combine water, cauliflower, squash, and carrots in a pot over medium heat. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Place everything into a blender, including vegetable cooking water, and blend until smooth.
- Return veggie puree to the pot over medium heat, then add the milk, cheese, and cream cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Add cooked macaroni, reduce heat, mix thoroughly, and cover for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over each serving as a garnish. Enjoy!