Green Beans with garlicky pine nuts
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, washed, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Heat a large pot of water. As it comes to a boil, salt the water and add washed, trimmed green beans. Cook till just tender, 3-4 minutes
- While beans are cooking, heat the olive oil and butter in pan. Add garlic and pine nuts and cook till light golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain green beans, transfer to pan and add pepper flakes and salt. Toss to coat and transfer to serving dish!