Raincoast Trading Sharp and Savoury Tuna Melt Waffles
Start your day on the right foot. Loaded with wild tuna, sharp white cheddar cheese and fresh herbs, this crispy, savoury buttermilk waffle will keep you full and energized until your next meal.
- Waffle maker
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 300 g Raincoast Trading Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1 scallion
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup green cabbage
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- To make the waffle batter, combinethe flour. baking powder, onion powder, dill, pepper, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the yolks, buttermilk and oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently until just combined. Whip the eggs whites until soft peaks form and fold the whites gently in the waffle batter.
- To make the tuna mixture, combine the tuna, onion, parsley and cabbage. Mix well until all incorporated. Reserve some of the tuna mixture for topping the finished waffles.
- Scoop a small amount of batter (just less than a ⅓ of a cup) onto the preheated waffle iron. Sprinkle a small amount of the tuna mixture over the batter, top with some grated cheese and then another small scoop of batter (this time about 2 tablespoons).
- Transfer cooked waffles to a cooling rack and serve warm. Enjoy!
Recipe developed by Raincoast Trading.