Roasted Blackberry Crepes
Delicate crepes topped with a roasted blackberry sauce are the perfect meal for a cozy morning
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag Stahlbush Island Farms Marion Blackberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- whipped cream (optional - for serving)
- powdered sugar (optional - for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, 1 tbsp sugar, salt, milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla, and blend them together for about 60 seconds - until the batter is smooth. Let the batter rest at room temperature for about 30m while you prepare the berries.
- In a large bowl, mix together the blackberries, 1 tbsp sugar, and 1 tbsp maple syrup. Stir until the berries are well coated, and then transfer them to the baking sheet.
- Roast the berries in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the berries begin to soften. Remove them from the oven, and set them aside while you finish the crepes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add about ¼ tsp butter to the pan, and swirl in ⅓ cup of batter. Keep swirling the pan until a very thin pancake is formed. Cook for 60s per side, until golden.
- Repeat step 6 until you have used up all the batter.
- Fold the crepes into quarters and transfer them to a serving plate. Top them with the roasted blackberries, whipped cream, icing sugar, and/or maple syrup.
- Serve them immediately, and feel like a crepe hero!