Wilted Summer Salad
A simple salad, easy to prepare, that beautifully showcases the flavours of fresh local vegetables.
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 tomato (medium/large - about 8oz)
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- fresh herbs (to your taste and preference)
- Slice and seed the cucumber and tomato, and dice the red onion.
- Add the oil and vinegar, and mix well. (It's fun and easy to put them in a covered dish and just shake the heck out of it)
- Let it rest in the fridge - at least for a few hours, but ideally overnight.
- Top with fresh herbs, and serve!