In our meat department, you’ll find an appetizing selection of healthy and ethically-sourced meat, poultry, and fish. What that means is:
- Most of our meat comes from local farms;
- When a meat product cannot be sourced locally, we ensure that it is sourced ethically from as close as possible;
- We carry meat that is organic or naturally-raised;
- We carry meat that is free from antibiotics and hormones;
- We carry meat that is preservative free (except as prohibited by law with some nitrates/nitrites);
- We carry meat that is humanely raised;
- We are Oceanwise* certified, and sell sustainable fish whenever possible.
You can taste the difference with organic and naturally raised meat, poultry and sustainable fish. We do our best to get our products from local farms and fisheries so that we can ensure freshness, humane animal care and consideration towards the environment.
We’re straight up when it comes to your food. If you have any questions or feedback for our meat department please contact:
(416) 762-4848 ext. 227
* Ocean Wise is a program run by the Vancouver Aquarium that seeks to change the way our seas and lakes are fished, making sure ecosystems and species are protected long term. http://www.oceanwise.ca/