We want you to breathe easy and be prepared for the upcoming allergy season, so we assembled this list of tips. Different things work for different bodies, and we’ve had successes with:
- Limiting foods that are mucus forming: dairy based products, refined flours, and processed foods
- Drinking nettle and/or feverfew tea to support your immune system and reduce headaches commonly associated with allergies
- Increasing your Vitamin C intake – foods like bell peppers, lemons, broccoli, and parsley are great additions to your diet
- Supplementing with Quercetin, a bioflavonoid antioxidant found in citrus fruits. Take 1000-3000 mg daily as a natural antihistamine.
- Getting and using a Neti Pot – it helps to clear nasal passageways for pressure relief and congestion
- Taking 1 tsp of black seed oil daily to reduce allergy-related symptoms. Black seed oil (or Black Cumin seed oil) is an antioxidant which has anti-bacterial and viral properties. Daily usage can help fight off infections of the respiratory tract. Its rich Omega 7 content hydrates the mucus membranes in your respiratory system and (bonus!) it doubles as a beauty product for hair and skin!
- Using natural herbal and homeopathic products at the beginning of allergy season to reduce symptoms such as Deep Immune by St. Francis, Allergy Relief by A.Vogel and Sabalia by Boiron!
- Adding Aromatherapy to your Allergy Arsenal! Steam inhalation reduces sinus congestion and pressure headaches. Add essential oils such as family friendly Ravinsara (safe for children 6 months+), Eucalyptus and Camphor to hot water. (Note: do not boil the water to reduce the risk of injury.) Be sure to drape a towel over your head, close your eyes, and breathe deeply through your nose.