Stahlbush Creamy Corn Pasta
Rich, creamy, totally vegan, and super easy to make, this creamy corn pasta from Stahlbush is the ultimate weeknight dinner. Serve it with a side salad or on its own; however you choose to enjoy it, the pasta-bilities are endless!
- 4 cups Stahlbush Super Sweet Corn
- 12 oz dry pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup dry white wine or vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve about 1 cup of the cookingwater before straining the cooked pasta.
- In a medium-sized saucepan or skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add theonion and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes (if using), and sauté for another minute. Pour in the white wine.
- When it comes to a simmer, add in 2 cups (350 g) of the corn kernels. Reduce the heat and simmer for a minute ortwo, until the corn is heated through.
- Remove from heat, and pour in the lemon juice and nutritional yeast.
- Add the corn mixture to a blender. Blend on high until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. This may take a few minutes.
- In the same skillet used to cook the first half of the corn, heat the butter over medium heat. Once melted and hot, add the remaining 2 cups (350 g) of corn kernels. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest.
- Combine the creamed corn sauce with the drained, cooked pasta. Stir in the buttery corn kernels and basil. Add a splash of the reserved pasta water if the sauce needs to be thinned, or an extra squeeze of lemon juice to taste. (The sauce will thicken as it cools.)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Recipe developed by Bronwyn Fraser for Stahlbush.